The network activities are the core activities whose maintenance and development will be secured by the EVOLTREE network by finding internal resources, regardless of the availability of external funding.
Maintainance and upgrading of the EVOLTREE e-Resources Portal
- Update information about EVOLTREE Network related activities: projects, workshops, meetings, job opportunities;
- Integrate the collaborative platform (from INRA Transfert to central web server at AIT);
- Release monthly internal newsletter.
Maintainance and upgrades for the eLab
- Update and populate existing databases (Gene sequences, genomic resources, genetic maps, georeferenced DBs of genetic diversity) hosted by different servers;
- Develop new databases;
- Maintain and upgrade the interoperable TAPIR interface;
- Adaptation of query interface;
- Develop new applications.
Repository centre (signed by the Parties on 28.02.2008)
- Running the storage system;
- Registration and management of the samples to be stored;
- Updating and advertising information of samples and resources available in the Repository.
Intensive Study Sites (signed by 20 parties)
- Coordination of activities implemented in ISS;
- Updating information on activities in ISS;
- Updating databases of each ISS;
- Limited monitoring of ecological or genetic data in ISSs;
- Facilitate visits and field work of partners of the network
- Provide mobility grants to carry out research work on these sites.
High throughput genotyping and sequencing systems
- Facilitate use of in house genotyping and sequencing facilities;
- Update information on availability and use of the facility.
- Update information on availability and use of the facility
- Organise a variety of training courses each year in the field of forest ecosystem genetics and genomics.
- Provide funding to EVOLTREE partner participants to cover expenses for these courses.
Dissemination activities include:
- Dissemination for stakeholders and public;
- Yearly internal newsletter and policy briefs;
- Update of general PA materials (poster, PowerPoint presentations, leaflets, etc.);
- Ensurance of high visibility in different fora.
- Coordinate research, networking and dissemination of activities across the network;
- Budgetary management of the network;
- Prepare and organise a two day annual meeting of the whole network. Content of meetings: latest scientific results, development of common genomic resources, new activities and projects to be implemented;
- Prepare and organise the Governing Board and Executive Committee meetings.