The Governing Board is the decision making body of the Network. It coordinates the EVOLTREE activities and scientific programme, and it is composed of one representative from each participating institute.
The Governing Board:
- Apoints the EVOLTREE coordinating institute;
- Discusses and decides on the focus of the EVOLTREE Network's research efforts and ascertain the current status thereof;
- Decides the scientific position and strategic actions of the EVOLTREE Network;
- Decides on revisions about the work plan of the EVOLTREE Network, prepared by the Coordinator and the Executive Committee;
- Decides on the fees for third parties wishing to use some of the EVOLTREE services;
- Decides new tasks and working groups for the EVOLTREE Network;
- Decides on the EVOLTREE Network budget based on proposal by Executive Committee;
- Approves the yearly EVOLTREE Network progress and financial reports;
- Appoints the 5 members of the Executive Committee who compose, with the EVOLTREE Coordinator and the representative of the EVOLTREE Administrating Institute, the 7 members of the aforementioned Committee;
- Decides on the accession of new members to the EVOLTREE Network and their membership status (core or associate); and
- Decides on any modifications to the Agreement.
The Governing Board may only make decisions on agenda items. Decisions are made with a qualified majority of three-quarters of the Parties which are present or represented. The Governing Board will not deliberate and decide validly unless half of its Members are present or represented (quorum). Decisions by electronic vote are made with a qualified majority of three-quarters of the parties who answered within the required period. A core member who can show that its own legitimate interests would be severely affected by a decision of the Governing Board may exercise a veto with respect to the corresponding or relevant part of the decision (veto right).
The Governing Board comprises one representative from each participating institute.
Country Partner Name Austria AIT Eva-Maria Sehr Austria BFW Thomas Geburek Bosnia and Herzegovina UNSA Dalibor Ballian Croatia CFRI Miran Lanšćak Czech Republic CULS Milan Lstiburek Denmark UCPH Erik Dahl Kjaer Finland Luke Egbert Beuker Finland UOULU Tanja Pyhäjärvi France INRA Catherine Bastien Germany UGOE Konstantin V. Krutovsky Germany UNIMAR Corinna Felsh Germany vTI Folkhard Isermeyer International EFI Christophe Orazio Israel ARO Raketfet David-Schwartz Italy CNR-IBBR Giovanni G. Vendramin Italy IGA-UNIUD Michele Morgante Poland IBL Jacek Hilszczański Poland UKW Jaroslaw Burczyk Portugal ISA Maria-Helena Almeida Romania UNITBV Alexandru Lucian Curtu Serbia ILFE Saša Orlović Slovenia SFI Hojka Kraigher Spain INIA Carmen Hernando Lara Sweden UU Martin Lascoux Sweden SLU Rosario Garcia Gil Switzerland WSL Konrad Steffen United Kingdom NERC Mark Bailey
The Governing Board organises a Governing Board Meeting when and as needed, and at least once a year. It convenes when the Coordinator and/or at least one-third of its members requests such a meeting. An agenda for each meeting is prepared and is sent to all Parties by the Coordinator. Any Party may add an item to the original agenda by written notification to all other Parties no later than 7 calendar days preceding the meeting. When necessary, the Governing Board may request the presence of any expert for consultative purposes.
List of Governing Board meetings
Date Venue Information Material 16/09/2019 Aberdeen, Scotland, UK Access the 2019/2016/2015 meeting documents 24/09/2018 Alghero, Sardinia, Italy 30/05/2016 Arcachon, France 8/6/2015 Florence, Italy 26/09/2014 Prague, Czech Republic 24/09/2013 AgroParisTech (Nancy, France) 19/10/2012 Vantaa (Helsinki, Finland)
Governing Board Meeting
Open Source Project Meeting
30/09/2011 Uppsala (Sweden)